Chargers QB Justin Herbert addresses if he’s going to play on Sunday

The Charger continues to monitor Justin Herbert ahead of week three as the star quarterback continues to recover from a rib meniscus fracture he sustained in week two.

Herbert suffered the injury on September 15 late in Los Angeles’ 27-24 loss to The Chiefs on Thursday night football. After a few days off, the 24-year-old showed encouraging signs with his return to training earlier this week as he scored two limited sessions.

However, the Chargers are being cautious with Herbert as the club is said to be planning to list him as dubious in Sunday’s game against the Jaguars, According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network. It was also reported that Chase Daniel took backup first-team reps during Friday’s training.

Amid growing speculation about his health, Herbert suggested it could be a decision regarding playing time in the third week.

“This is a decision we have two more days… that decision will be made on Sunday.” Herbert said, According to Bridget Condon of the NFL,.

The young star’s comments reflect the “everyday” approach that Chargers coach Brandon Staley spoke about after practice on Wednesday. Staley sounded cautiously optimistic after Herbert returned to the field but assured that the team would see his place and not force him into a difficult situation. Herbert resumed shooting Thursday after engaging in light work the day before.



(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)

Related posts

Leave a Comment