Williams Racing Formula 1 driver Alex Albon tweeted that he was “doing everything to prepare for Singapore” after landing in intensive care following an appendectomy.
Albon missed the Italian Grand Prix due to his diagnosis, and after surgery on Saturday, September 10, he experienced “complications of postoperative sedation leading to respiratory failure”. Albon was re-intubated and moved to intensive care. By the morning of Sunday, September 11, he was off his ventilator, and Albon was released from the hospital a few days later.
He previously shared on social media that “the goal is to have Singapore ready,” and now, more than two weeks after leaving hospital, Albon said he was “looking forward to getting on the track on Friday and back in driving.”
said the 26-year-old on the Singapore Grand Prix preview team. “I don’t underestimate the challenge this is going to be. … It’s a great street circuit and the closest race to home for me in Thailand, so I’m really excited to be here and see the fans that showed up.”
Albon shared a video of his week in training and prep. He’s only competed once in Singapore before, in 2019 with Red Bull.
according to Motorsport.comNick de Vries will be “on hand” as a backup driver again, if needed.
More Formula 1 coverage: