usa news

3-year-old sleeps and survives massacre at Tai Dai Care مركز

  • Bavinot Subulung, 3, survived a recent massacre at a daycare center in northern Thailand.
  • Her eleven colleagues were killed by a former police officer who was armed with a pistol and knife.
  • During the attack, Sobolong was asleep with a blanket over her head.

A three-year-old girl, sleeping with a blanket covering her face, was one of the only survivors of last week’s massacre at a daycare center in northern Thailand.

Paveenut Supolwong’s parents, nicknamed Ammy . said Reuters that their child was asleep when the attack occurred.

More than 30 people were killed after a man armed with a pistol and knife broke into a day care center in Nong Bua Lamphu and started attacking teachers and children who were taking their daily naps.

“I am in shock,” Subulung’s mother Banumbai Sithong told Reuters. “I feel for the other families…I’m glad my son survived. It’s a mixed feeling of sadness and gratitude.”

Sithong added that her baby was not sleeping deeply, and she told Reuters she believed “there must be spirits covering her eyes and ears.”

The outlet reported that, according to Sobolong’s parents, the girl apparently did not remember anything about the attack. She was found by an unnamed policeman in the classroom, who picked her up from the daycare center with a blanket over her head so she wouldn’t see her dead classmates.

Photo of Tawatchai Supolwong holding his daughter Paveenut - the sole survivor of the Thai daycare massacre in October 2022

The girl was found by a uniformed police officer at the center and taken out of the day care center with a blanket over her head.

Photograph: Jorge Silva/Reuters

The baby’s grandfather Somsak Srithong told BBC When the port visited the family home.

“I thought her friends were still sleeping. A police officer covered her face with a piece of cloth and carried her away from all the blood,” Somsak Srithong added.

According to various news outlets, at least 37 people, including 24 children, were killed in Thursday’s massacre – including the gunman’s wife and son, who were later found dead.

The gunman, who committed suicide at his home, was identified as a former officer who was fired on drug charges and was due to appear in court the day after the killings.

Related Articles

Back to top button