Best Nature for Mankey, Primeape, and Annihilape in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet!
The Mankey line of Pokémon is as old as the series itself and hasn’t changed in twenty-four years – until Scarlet and Violet, that is. Pure Fighting-type Mankey and Primeape now have a third evolution to look forward to in Annihilape, a dual Fighting/Stealth type that puts a previously underperforming (stats-wise) group of Pokémon into the higher tiers. You can take Annihilape and its earlier forms to greater heights with the right nature.
Related: Where to find Monkey in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet
The nature you want for Mankey, Primeape, and Annihilape
There are two natures you’ll want to look for when training or breeding an Annihilape Manky. Her only stat is Special Attack, and her defense isn’t great either, but all the other stats are at least good, so we want to leave them.
- Adamant is Annihilape’s best nature. Adamant is a powerful Attack Stat level increase, which makes the Special Attack stat suffer. Since the Mankey line has utter rubbish for Special Attack, with Adamant, the Pokémon loses literally nothing.
- Loneliness is a good second choice for nature. While Lonely lowers the defense of Annihilape and its previous forms, Defense is also the second weakest condition, and many of the attacks that hit its weak points are special attacks. You leave Annihilape’s Special Defense intact with Lonely while making him smoother against normal attacks.
Never use Annihilape with any of the following natures, as they all either lower attack or increase special attack.
- wide (lowers attack)
- calm (lowers attack)
- Nice (triggers a special attack)
- decent (Reduces attack and increases special attack)
- calm (triggers a special attack)
- hasty(triggers a special attack)
- Timid (lowers attack)
Annihilape doesn’t have to be the current meta for six-star Tera Raids – that honor goes to Iron Hands, Azumarill, and a few other Pokemon picked for specific situations – but it’s usable for the entire story campaign and much of the endgame before you get to the content most challenging.